This notice applies across all websites that we own and operate and all services we provide.
When we say, ‘personal data’ we mean identifiable information about you, like your name, email, address, telephone number, bank account details, payment information, support queries.
We may need to update this notice from time to time. Where a change is significant, we’ll make sure we let you know usually by sending you an email.
Who are ‘We’?
When we refer to ‘we’ (or ‘our’ or ‘us’), that means IT 4 Home Limited and all its wholly owned subsidiaries. Our office is based in York, Address details are available at the bottom of this notice.
How we collect your data
When you visit our websites or use our services, we collect personal data. The way’s we collect this can be broadly categorised into the following:
Information you provide to us directly: when you visit or use some parts of our websites and/or services we might ask you to provide personal data to us. For example, we ask you for contact information when you contact us via our website for support, use our services for repair/maintenance of your IT equipment. If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our websites or services.
Information we collect automatically: We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our websites, like your IP address and device type.
Some of the information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies.
Information we get from third parties:
The majority of information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties like marketing parties. We use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold about you.
How we use your data
First and foremost, we use your personal data to provide you with any services you’ve requested and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
To communicate with you. This may include:
• Providing you with information you’ve requested from us, or information we are required to send you
• Operational communications, like changes to our website and services
• Marketing communications, about products or services we think you may be interested in
• Asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are conducting
To support you: this may include assisting you with technical support issues, whether by email, remote assistance or in person.
We may share your personal information with:
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
• any member of our group, which means any subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
• Third party service providers who assist with the support service you receive from us (for example: suppliers, software providers, telephone, broadband providers)
• Regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure.
• Other people where we have your consent.
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site, although ordinarily only non-personal information is shared;
Personal and non-personal information
Personal information is information that can be used to uniquely identify a single person. We also collect non-personal information or may anonymise personal information in order to make it non-personal.
You agree that IT 4 Home Limited may collect, store, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. Under this notice, information collected by cookies and similar technologies are dealt with as non-personal information.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website utilising both session cookies and persistent cookies.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements)
Well retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it. Following this period, well make sure its deleted or anonymised.
It’s your personal data and have certain rights relating to it. When it comes to marketing communication, you can ask us not to send you these at any time by sending your request to email@example.com
Individuals have the following rights under data protection legislation:
• a right to ask for a copy of their personal data;
• a right to ask us to delete or correct any information we hold about them that is inaccurate;
• a right to request erasure of information in certain circumstances;
• a right to data portability;
• a right to restrict processing and a right to object to processing activities in certain circumstances;
• a right to stop your information from being used for direct marketing purposes; and;
• a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner (or other supervisory authority in the European Union) if you believe that your information has not been processed in accordance with the requirements of the data protection legislation.
Where any processing is based on consent you have a right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You can request any amendments or rectifications to your data by contacting us and to notify us if you would like us to delete or erase your data or, in certain circumstances, if you would like us to restrict the way in which we process your data.
Please note that, in certain circumstances, we may not be able to delete or erase your personal data such as where this is still required for the purpose for which it was provided or where we have overriding legitimate interests in retaining your data.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you are unhappy with the way in which we have collected or processed your data or have any other complaint in relation to our handling of your data you can make a complaint to the information Commissioner, further information can be found on the information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.org.uk or via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
If you’re not happy with how we are processing your personal data, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org we will review and investigate your complaint, and try to get back to you within a reasonable time frame.
How to contact us
Were always keen to hear from you. If you’re curious about what personal data we hold about you or you have a question or feedback for us on this notice, please get in touch.
Telephone: 03303 800 100
IT 4 Home Limited
York, YO10 5DG
We twiddle our end while you get on with your life
Let’s quietly talk you through this...
Save your petrol and we’ll come to you
We’ll be with you within 24 hours
For those ‘it really can’t wait’ problems
We’ll pick up and drop off your PC for FREE
Fill in the form below, or give
us a quick call on 0330 3800 100